Grazie Atlanta Roswell!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Gran Fondo Italia Atlanta Roswell on October 18 & 19! Congratulations on your achievements during a beautiful fall day. A special thank you to all our volunteers, staff, and partners, including Colnago, fi’zi:k, PISSEI, KASK, Ciacci Piccolomini d’ Aragona wines, the Southern Bicycle League and the City of Roswell.
See something we need to fix? Please email email@example.com for corrections.
Ready for fun photos on the course from Sportograf? Click here to get an alert for when your photos are ready from Sportograf after the event!
SIGN UP IN-PERSON AT THE EXPO (ROSWELL CITY HALL) ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18. (ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED)
Line up with fellow cyclists of all ages and abilities on October 19, including Italian champion and legend Claudio Chiappucci! Experience a cycling event full of Italian passion, complete with the ceremonial start in front of Roswell City Hall, Ferrari lead cars and a police escort for the first few miles! Roswell, the Southern Bicycle League, the Atlanta region and the state of Georgia are ready to bring the best of Italian-style cycling to riders with 3 beautiful courses, with the long course including the Gran Premio della Montagna (GPM), a hill climb challenge for those looking to test their legs for the day. The finish at Roswell City Hall will celebrate all the great accomplishments of the day with Italian food, drink, awards and exhibitors.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
10am…………….. Expo opens
10am ……………..Rider Packet Pickup/On-site Registration opens
10am ……………..”History of Cycling” exhibit opens
10am……………. Stretching/Yoga Session for riders
11am…………….. Family Warm-up Ride (+/- 10 mi) with bike shop sponsors
1pm……………… “Bambini Gran Fondo” at Roswell City Hall (Ages 1-9)
3pm……………….“Bambini Gran Fondo” ends
5pm………………. Expo closes
5pm ……………..”History of Cycling” exhibit closes
Sunday, October 19, 2014
5:30am …………. Rider Packet Pickup/ Start Line Open
7:00 am ………….Event Begins: “Opening ceremonies” (Italian & American national anthems, countdown, photos) followed by Mass Start with police escort
9:30am ………… Rider Dining Tents open
3pm………………. Awards ceremony and raffle
4pm ……………… Awards ceremony ends
5pm ……………… Expo closes
5pm ………………Dining Tents close
Roswell City Hall
38 Hill Street
Roswell GA 30075
Parking at City Hall is limited for both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday. please plan to enter the venue from Norcross St. since Hill Street will be closed periodically for some of the event activities. Available parking options in Roswell include:
Roswell City Hall 38 Hill St.
Regional Library 115 Norcross St.
Buddy Milton Allstate Financial Services 1001 Alpharetta St.
Plumtree Village 1035 Canton St
Wells Fargo Bank 37 Magnolia St.
Edward Jones Advisors, Paul Lang 24 Woodstock St.
Roswell North Elementary 10525 Woodstock Rd.
Waller Park 280 Oak St.
Roswell United Methodist Church (SATURDAY ONLY) 814 Mimosa Blvd.
North Roswell Baptist Church (SATURDAY ONLY) 112 Prospect St
Roswell Area Park (SUNDAY ONLY) 10495 Woodstock Rd.
Looking for more info for your Gran Fondo Italia weekend in the Atlanta – Roswell area?
The Southern Bicycle League has published a special magazine issue for the 2014 Gran Fondo Italia Atlanta – Roswell with an event weekend schedule and much more. Check out the digital edition:
Please note: event waiver and more documents for rider instructions will be uploaded later this week. Stay tuned and watch your email for updates.
Atlanta – Roswell Packages, Benefits and Pricing
We offer a range of packages and distances so just about any cyclists can participate and you can pick the Gran Fondo experience that’s right for you. Are you trying a longer ride for the first time, going for a new personal best, looking to treat yourself to an indulgent VIP experience with Club Italia or somewhere in between? Either way, we have the ride for you.
Are you ready to set a new goal for yourself on October 19? Register at the Expo on October 18 and see you at the starting line!
- $130 – Ride Entry for 106 Miles – Event Day Price
- $105 – Ride Entry for 63 Miles – Event Day Price
- $399 – Club Italia Entry
- $90 – Ride Entry for 34 Miles (Includes Wine, Festa della Pasta, Colnago Raffle)
- $80 – Ride Only (Any distance w/o Wine, Festa della Pasta, Colnago Raffle)
REGISTER IN PERSON AT ROSWELL CITY HALL OCT 18 10AM-5PM
Purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may purchase insurance through Active.com for the case where you may need to cancel your registration.
MapMyRide GPS Course Maps: 106 Mile Course 63 Mile Course 34 Mile Course
NOTE: Ride BEGINS IN: ROSWELL, GA United States (NOT Milton, GA as listed on MapMyRide.com)
106 Mile Course, presented by Roswell Bicycles: Tour the beautiful Georgia countryside with classic scenes of the Atlanta metropolitan region. The long route includes the Gran Premio della Montagna, or GPM, the King/Queen of the Mountain hill climbing challenge. You’ll tour Steve Tate Road, test your legs on the climb on Highway 136, and pass the outskirts of Jasper and Tate before coming back through Milton and Alpharetta to the finish line at Roswell City Hall. The planned course is 106 miles with an approximate elevation gain of 3,200 ft.
63 Mile Course Overview presented by Free-Flite Bicycles: Your beautiful cycling experience will take you out to Yellow Creek Road near the Hollis Q. Lathem reservoir before coming back through Milton and Alpharetta to the finish line at Roswell City Hall. The planned course is 63 miles with an approximate elevation gain of 1,200 ft.
34 Mile Course Overview: Everyone enjoys this classic cycling route that runs out through Alpharetta and Milton before looping back to the finish line at Roswell City Hall. The planned course is 34 miles with an approximate elevation gain of 500 ft.
- Italian wine from Tuscany will be in your goody bag along with other sponsor products you’ll love!
- A commemorative bike number with your name/national flag.
- Mass start access & ceremony at Roswell City Hall with Italian & American national anthems.
- Police escort & lead-out from Roswell City Hall down the first miles of the course.
- The Gran Fondo Italia medal upon completion.
- Exclusive to Gran Fondo Italia, you’ll be able to purchase a personalized edition of the Colnago C60 frame, with your name/flag on the frame along with Mr. Colnago’s signature.
- Access to aid stations with food, drink, restrooms and volunteer support.
- On-course technical support with dispatch number
- Official chip time for total course time and GPM time(s)
- Timed hill-climb(s) with overall and age group awards
- Post-ride Italian pasta meal and expo around Roswell City Hall
- Award ceremony for GPM awards
- We will also give away one Colnago C60 during the day Sunday to a lucky registered & eligible rider by random drawing.
- There will also be prize drawings for travel/entry packages to Italy and other Gran Fondo Italia locations (all registered riders will be eligible).
TRY THE CLUB ITALIA EXPERIENCE!
In addition to all regular ride entry package benefits, the Club Italia registration package includes
- Access to the front corral with VIPs/special guests during the mass start ceremonies
- Special Club Italia Commemorative Bike Number
- Post-ride Italian meal in the VIP area with special food and wine items from our regional partners in Italy
- A bottle of Brunello di Montalcino Ciacci Piccolomini 2007 Pianrosso limited edition for Colnago
- Premium Food/Wine package
- Atlanta-Roswell Commemorative Jersey, Gran Fondo Italia t-shirt, Gran Fondo Italia hat
- Two Entry passes for the Saturday Night Gala reception with sponsors, press, charity partners and celebrity riders
The Two Day Expo
You can enjoy a two-day Expo with some of the best cycling brands in the market with previews of 2015 products, along with great deals on a range of cycling accessories, including original Gran Fondo Italia products and merchandise.
The Awards Ceremony with Bike and Travel Giveaways
Be sure to plan to participate in the awards ceremony. You can cheer on the GPM category competitors, and every rider will have the chance to win some incredible sponsor products and travel packages worldwide. And, last but not least, you can take pictures on the podium before/after the awards ceremony with your family & friends, the new cycling friends you will meet, and maybe even our event special guests. We hope you’ll enjoy a unique experience and capture great memories for years to come.
REGISTER IN PERSON AT ROSWELL CITY HALL OCT 18 10AM-5PM
Saturday, October 18 is the day to pick up packets and merchandise, check out all the expo partners in Roswell and get ready for an incredible cycling day on Sunday. Consider the Club Italia package and participate in the Saturday evening Gala dinner with sponsors, celebrity riders, charity partners and special guests. On Sunday morning get your spot on the hill for an early morning rollout. The expo will run all day on Sunday.
The City of Roswell and the Southern Bicycle League are key partners in bringing the Gran Fondo Italia to Georgia and the Atlanta metropolitan area.
The dynamic team of the far-reaching Southern Bicycle League has a mission to link the bicycle community together and inspire more people to ride bicycles more often, through fun, fitness and friendship.
The purpose of the mission is to facilitate the building of bicycle friendly communities and greater health and fitness through bicycling.