- Register in person for Aspen-Snowmass on-site in Snowmass Village from noon-5pm on Saturday, August 9. Online registration is now closed. Available entries are limited, join us at the starting line for the inaugural Gran Fondo Italia Aspen-Snowmass!
- Food, Wine & Fun Ride (95 or 45 mile course) with Full Rider benefits (see below):
- Fun Ride Only: $85 (95 or 45 mile course)
- PLEASE NOTE: Does not include goody bag wine, post-ride meal, timing and raffle. Come out and ride!
95 Mile Course Overview: Enjoy the beauty of Colorado with a cycling experience that you will never forget. Ride one of two scenic routes (45 and 95 miles) that include the Italian style ceremonial start from the base of the chairlifts in Snowmass Village. Then be part of the lead out and police escort for the first miles of the courses, the courses that tour some of the most famous cycling road sections in the United States, and the fulfilling experience of the hill climb, the fan support, and your personal goal pushing you on for the Gran Premio della Montagna or GPM (or King/Queen of the Mountain) on the final ascent to the finish line. Just about every mile on this course contains the visual scenery that makes Aspen-Snowmass one of the best destinations for cycling in the world. You’ll tour Owl Creek, McLain Flats, Frying Pan road and other Colorado classics around Aspen to get you warmed up for the turn onto Brush Creek Road and the final challenge for your legs as you climb back into Snowmass Village. The planned course is approximately 95 miles with an approximate elevation gain of 7,000 ft.
45 Mile Course Overview: Get ready for a challenge at the Gran Fondo Italia Aspen-Snowmass on August 10, 2014. Be part of the mass start in Snowmass Village, the lead out and police escort for the first miles of the courses, the courses that tour some of the most famous cycling road sections in the United States, and the fulfilling experience of the hill climb, the fan support, and your personal goal pushing you on for the Gran Premio della Montagna or GPM (or King/Queen of the Mountain) on the final ascent to the finish line. 45 Mile Course: It may be less in distance, but the visual reward won’t be any less with the medium distance course, and you’ll face the same challenge, and feel the same reward as the long course riders with the climb back into Snowmass Village. You’ll tour the Aspen-Snowmass region with Owl Creek Road, McLain Flats Road and Upper River Road before facing the turn onto Brush Creek Road and the final challenge for your legs as you climb back into Snowmass Village. The planned course is approximately 45 miles with an approximate elevation gain of 3,000 ft.
What’s Included with Your Ride Entry & Registration?
- Italian wine from Tuscany will be in your goody bag along with other sponsor products you’ll love!*
- A commemorative bike number with your name/national flag.
- Mass start access & ceremony in Snowmass Village with Italian & American national anthems.
- Police escort & lead-out down from Snowmass Village on the first miles of the course.
- The Gran Fondo Italia medal upon completion.
- Exclusive to Gran Fondo Italia, you’ll be able to purchase a personalized edition of the Colnago C60 frame, with your name/flag on the frame along with Mr. Colnago’s signature.
- Access to aid stations with food, drink, restrooms and volunteer support.
- On-course technical support with dispatch number
- Official chip time for total course time and GPM time(s)*
- Timed hill-climb(s) with overall and age group awards*
- Post-ride Italian pasta meal and expo in Snowmass Village*
- Award ceremony for GPM awards
- We will also give away one Colnago C60 during the day Sunday to a lucky registered & eligible rider by random drawing.*
- There will also be prize drawings for travel/entry packages to Italy and other Gran Fondo Italia locations (all “full benefits” registered riders will be eligible).*
- You just may see the early arriving professional cyclists and other participants in the USA Pro Challenge Cycling that begins August 18.
*Not included with the $70 “Fun Ride Only” discounted registration category
The Two Day Expo
You can enjoy a two-day Expo with some of the best cycling brands in the market with previews of 2015 products, along with great deals on a range of cycling accessories, including original Gran Fondo Italia products and merchandise. Plus, on Saturday August 9th, enjoy mixing with the participants in the Ragnar Relay in Snowmass Village.
Registration and Packet Pickup
Pick up your bib and goody bag at our two day expo at Snowmass Village.
Saturday August 9: 12pm – 5pm
Sunday August 10: 5:30am – 6:30am
Near Slice Red Barn Pizzeria
69 Wood Rd #1210
Snowmass Village, CO 81611
Follow the signs for registration/packet pickup.
1) Fill out and sign a waiver form. You can download a waiver and prepare it in advance to save time.
2) Look up your name (by last name) at registration tent, and note your rider number
3) Go the appropriate package pick-up line (by rider number), where you will receive your technical envelope.
4) Go pick up your goody bag
5) If you pre-ordered merchandise, go to the pre-ordered merchandise table. Please note, that due to time constraints merchandise pickup will NOT be available on Sunday morning. If you pre-ordered merchandise, you can pick it up following the ride at the expo.
Friends and Family Pickup:
Packets MAY be picked up for pre-registered friends and family IF you have the following: 1) their signed waiver AND 2) a photocopy of their driver’s license. If either of these 2 items is missing, then the packet may not be collected. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Awards Ceremony with Bike and Travel Giveaways
Be sure to plan to participate in the awards ceremony. You can cheer on the GPM category competitors, and every rider will have the chance to win some incredible sponsor products and travel packages worldwide. And, last but not least, you can take pictures on the podium before/after the awards ceremony with your family & friends, the new cycling friends you will meet, and maybe even our event special guests. We hope you’ll enjoy a unique experience and capture great memories for years to come.